“Be the change you wish to see” - Ghandi
Making a difference in our local communities
In 2009, the owners of Coco Loco Eco Resort founded the nonprofit organization Waves of Hope with the vision of helping to develop well educated, healthy and prosperous communities. Since inception, Waves of Hope has invested over $400,000 and countless volunteer hours into projects and initiatives focused on education, infrastructure, health care and environmental sustainability.
We are Waves of Hope
Progress through change
On the Ground Dedication to Our Projects
What makes Waves of Hope unique is our constant presence in the communities where we work. Many charity organizations do incredible work in areas of need; however, the problem is that when they leave, the projects are often left to deteriorate with no promise of sustainability or longevity. Without project oversight and ongoing maintenance, many communities do not have the means to keep these initiatives alive and well.
When you donate to Waves of Hope you are donating to a long term objective. We ensure that the school and infrastructure project we build are well looked after and maintained, and that our scholarship programs, environmental initiatives and health care programs are properly carried out and managed so that every penny goes towards the greater goal of building well educated, healthy and prosperous communities.
Completed Projects to Date
- Building a Local High School
- Clean Water Initiative
- Scholarship Program
- Francisco Laguna Elementary School Construction Project
- Manzano Dos Elementary School Re-construction Project
- Sea Turtle Hatchery and Conservation Program
- Manzano Dos Primary School Re-construction Program
- Extracurricular Programs – Arts (Visual, Dance, Music) and English Classes
- Vocational Training Program
- Ongoing School Maintenance Program
- Youth Programs
- Health Education Programs